sdmetal.org is privately-owned. Any and all content on the site, and the forum, is entirely at the discretion of the owners and staff of sdmetal.org.
Everyone is welcome to join us in our forum, so long as you treat others, and the forum itself, with respect. We hope the following rules will help make things run smoothly for us and for our forum members.
BY USING THIS FORUM YOU AGREE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND CONDITIONS :
* No advertising or spam.
If you are a regular CONTRIBUTING member of the board then this doesn't apply. These people can freely post news about their label, band, mail order, etc. But do not register if your only intent is to post an advertisement or self-promotion.
* No gratuitous, unprovoked abusive / personal attacks on other users.
Personal attacks will result in a permanent ban. Everyone can slip once in a while, and lose his/her temper and start flaming someone, but repeated offenses and drawn-out flamewars are not tolerated.
* Users have to RESPECT one another and respect the fact that we all have different tastes in heavy metal. We will delete posts such as "band x is gay" or "you are gay for liking band x." Show some respect or we will show you the door resulting in an IMMEDIATE PERMANENT BAN.
* Do not attempt to impersonate a band member or other forum user.
* Users are allowed only ONE account.
Those found with more then one account will have their accounts deleted and they will be banned. An exception can be made if one simply wishes to create a new username, but having multiple accounts and pretending to be different users is not acceptable and grounds for banning. Exceptions can be made, for example, a user that wishes to have an account for his band as well as an individual account.
* No racially offensive posts.
No posts that use slang terms for any race will be tolerated. Obvious jokes might be tolerated, but they are frowned upon.
* No posting of "hate" propaganda or pictures.
* No flame wars. It's fine to argue constructively, but when it turns into the type of arguments you hear form a 5 year old, the topic will be closed. Repeat offenders will be banned.
* No excessive "bullshit" posts.
Excessive nonsense posts or posts that are determined to be off the topic of the thread will be deleted, and repeat offenders will be banned. Post-whoring is a waste of precious bandwidth, so don't bother with threads about inflating your post count - they are stupid and useless.
* Do not post hardcore pornography to the forum.
This is not a porno site. Pictures with nudity are allowed, but there should always have a warning about it in the topic title.
* If a thread gets locked or deleted, do not repost it. Do not post a new thread asking why it was locked or deleted - you will only alienate the moderator. If you sincerely don't understand why it was, and just wish to know why, send a private message to the moderator.
* Don't be a whiner and a Drama Queen. The mods will hate you if you are.
* User signatures will also comply with the following rules: Pictures are not allowed in your user signature to reduce load time for the threads. Signature text should be no longer than 4 lines of text and should not use
large, intrusive fonts.
* Users who break the rules are subject to being banned either temporarily or permanently, at the discretion of the site administrators, WITHOUT WARNING OR EXPLANATION.
* Posts and threads with content that breaks these rules are subject to closing or deletion WITHOUT WARNING OR EXPLANATION!
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU SEE / READ HERE, and WE ARE NOT YOUR BABYSITTER. There are plenty of ways for you to prevent yourself or your child from viewing adult content on the internet, and it is your responsibility, not ours. By using this forum you agree to hold sdmetal.org and it's staff blameless and without responsibility on all accounts of what you experience here.