Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: San Diego Metal Swap Meet 2012!!!

Thumbs up San Diego Metal Swap Meet 2012!!!

We got an UPDATE!!!!!

SDMETAL.ORG Presents:
    The 4th Annual San Diego Metal Swap Meet 2012!!
    Saturday August 25th, 2012
    From 11am- 5pm
    Queen Bee's Art & Cultural Center
    $3 Pre-sale, only $5 bux the day of event!

This year we will have more space, more BEER and more METAL!!
    Come and score CD's, Tshirts,DVDs, Metal Memorabillia and all kinds of Metal merch from every kind of genre imaginable!!

A very special guest band will be closing out the SDMSM 2012 so stay tuned for more updates!!

Pre-sale tix and Vendor spots will be on sale soon, we'll keep ya posted!

Help spread the word and lets make this one the BIG ONE!!

-
    Israel Pelayo
    SDMSM 2012 Crew

Last edited by MURDERNTHEFIRST; 02-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'll be ready to go if you need any volunteers for the event. \m/
    WHAT!?! NO CHEEZ-ITS?!?

Administrator ModeratorSite Admin Incantation_Goat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This event should be lots of fun, as always. Please let us know what you'd like to see.

Bad ass!

I'm hoping its in June or July or else I won't be able to make it. Hopefully there will be an update soon!

Hell yeah! Awesome news guys!!
    I was just thinking to myself the other day about when the next swap would be. I was thinking it might skip a year but this is great to know it will continue in 2012.

I'm already excited! I will have a vendor table for sure. Count me in 100%!!
    As usual, I will do everything I can to promote and get the word out there when the time comes.

Looking forward to hearing about more details....

Cheers!

-Jesse

@Israel... check your PM's. Just sent you one....

Update !!! ^^^^^
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Quote Originally Posted by MURDERNTHEFIRST View Post
    We got an UPDATE!!!!!

SDMETAL.ORG Presents:
    The 4th Annual San Diego Metal Swap Meet 2012!!
    Saturday August 25th, 2012
    From 11am- 5pm
    Queen Bee's Art & Cultural Center
    $3 Pre-sale, only $5 bux the day of event!

This year we will have more space, more BEER and more METAL!!
    Come and score CD's, Tshirts,DVDs, Metal Memorabillia and all kinds of Metal merch from every kind of genre imaginable!!

A very special guest band will be closing out the SDMSM 2012 so stay tuned for more updates!!

Pre-sale tix and Vendor spots will be on sale soon, we'll keep ya posted!

Help spread the word and lets make this one the BIG ONE!!

-
    Israel Pelayo
    SDMSM 2012 Crew

Awesome!!
    6 months away... perfect amount of time to plan, hype and prepare.

Will vendor tables be the same price? I think they were like $35 last year? Maybe it was $25... Cant remember.
    At any rate, I will get a table again. Once you guys have them available I'll reserve my spot....

Shit. I MIGHT be in Europe at that time, not sure yet. Playing a bunch of festivals over there at that time and the last one I see popped up so far is one in France between the 17th and 19th. Really hope I can make this years SDMSM!!!!

Blog Entries

Hope you can make it Travis

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation_Goat View Post
    Hope you can make it Travis
    Thanks man.. .even if I am home in time, its going to be a mad dash to get my shit together! That last SDMSM ended up kickstarting my booth at the kobey's swap meet the rest of the summer through fall so now I have like 4000 pieces so I gotta go through and pull out all the metal to make my sdmsm booth.

Blog Entries

Well, when you find out that you can make it, get your stuff packed and ready. Good to hear you've been doing ok at Kobey's.

Well, when you find out that you can make it, get your stuff packed and ready. Good to hear you've been doing ok at Kobey's.
    Stopped months ago to focus on the new album plus it was getting cold and kinda slow out there... lookin' forward to getting back out there but it won't be until summer. Gonna start pulling metal aside next time I get out there so I have a good enough stand again.

siick. gettin a table this year for sure.
    "...be true to your music and yourself" -Ross the Boss

Bump!

Any recent news or updates?

Vendor spaces on sale soon? Someone working on a flyer design? Someone looking for sponsors/donations?

About 5 months away. It will be here before you know it!!

Blog Entries

We have been working on this for the last few weeks. We do have a few updates and here they are:

- We will have a fundraising show on Friday, April 13th at Ruby Room. Bands, flier and other details should be posted by Friday.
    - Jared and I got the online shopping cart working and we will sell vendor spots. www.sdmetalstore.org. Pricing will be based on location of table.
    - We are working on finding a non-profit sponsor to help us with beer permits.
    - We have food for the SDMSM nailed down. It will be a food truck in the parking lot. That way folks of all ages can enjoy some good grub.
    - We have Andre Barba working on the flier art again. This time it will be a full color painting.

More updates coming soon.

When, exactly, will the vendor spots be on sale/ available ?

Blog Entries

Vendor spots will be on sale in the next few weeks. Just like last year they will be available at www.sdmetalstore.org. They will be priced based on location, so this should give the opportunity for some people to get a table for even cheaper this year.

This event should be lots of fun, as always. Please let us know what you'd like to see.
    Brian- this event has been mastered! You guys got it down!! Well planned, well organized, well executed!
    There is not much more one could ask for. Everything is already there (good venue/location, a legit selection of vendors, food, beer, free stuff, raffle, band. Even an aftershow/party!). Not sure what more could be done. I'd just say, keep doing what you guys are doing!

I would like to see this event promoted as much as possible! Spread this shit like a plague!!! Summer time it creeping up fast. Time to promote this years SDMSM!
    Everyone in SD (and many in LA, OC, TJ) who know what Heavy Metal is, should know what the Swap Meet is!
    With only 4 months away a big official announcement should drop soon with full details!! Build the hype early!!... printed flyers, local magazine ad's, local sponsors, facebook page just for the event or any other social shit people use. Just want to make sure this is going to be the biggest year yet!
    I'm going to think about it and get back to you with some more promo/fundraising ideas soon...

Hope you guys do good at the fundraiser this week too. Maybe the donations can help get things rolling...

Blog Entries

Thanks so much for the feedback Jesse. We agree that the event is great how it is. Right now we are just trying to make small tweaks to make it a better experience. We will have a big announcement next week, and I am sure some of you can guess what that is.

As far as promotion, to let you in on a little secret, I threw $30 into a targeted Facebook ad and it got us over 350 new "likes". Keep in mind, these are friends of people who already "like" our page, live within 20 miles of San Diego, have "metal" listed as an interest and are in the 15-45 age range. I was very pleased with the results. I would like for our page to have 5000 people following that page by the end of the year (it currently has 3700). This focused marketing to me seems to go a longer way than paying for an ad in a general publication like The Reader, not that I don't think The Reader holds value.

I am very optimistic about the fundraiser this Friday at Ruby Room. I did send out a blast to all you members, something that I try not to abuse. We have 124 people on FB saying they are "going" and 52 "maybes". I suspect that this will mean we should have at least 80 or so paying attendees. I would be very happy if that is the result. BTW: Gravehill have been so damn cool about doing this show and really support the SDMSM.

Thanks so much for the feedback Jesse. We agree that the event is great how it is. Right now we are just trying to make small tweaks to make it a better experience. We will have a big announcement next week, and I am sure some of you can guess what that is.

As far as promotion, to let you in on a little secret, I threw $30 into a targeted Facebook ad and it got us over 350 new "likes". Keep in mind, these are friends of people who already "like" our page, live within 20 miles of San Diego, have "metal" listed as an interest and are in the 15-45 age range. I was very pleased with the results. I would like for our page to have 5000 people following that page by the end of the year (it currently has 3700). This focused marketing to me seems to go a longer way than paying for an ad in a general publication like The Reader, not that I don't think The Reader holds value.

I am very optimistic about the fundraiser this Friday at Ruby Room. I did send out a blast to all you members, something that I try not to abuse. We have 124 people on FB saying they are "going" and 52 "maybes". I suspect that this will mean we should have at least 80 or so paying attendees. I would be very happy if that is the result. BTW: Gravehill have been so damn cool about doing this show and really support the SDMSM.
    Seriously those guys go far and beyond the call of duty when it comes to supportng this thing, I thinkk Friday is gonna have a great turnout, even the Ruby Room FB has the fundraiser flier as their profile pic
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

UPDATE:

VENDORS!! YOUR TIME HAS COME!!!
    On Friday April 20th VENDOR passes go onsale @ www.SMETALSTORE.ORG for this years SD Metal Swap Meet set for 08/25/2012!

NOTICE:
    For those you attending our Fundraising show this Friday The 13th @ The Ruby Room you can get first dibs on spots and purchase your VENDOR pass at the SDMETAL.ORG booth as you sip a cold beer and enjoy some killer bands!!!

As many of you know Vendor passes always sell out fast and this year will be no exception. Also this year you will be able to pick which room you sell your wares in and be able to get a table for a cheaper price. Stay locked on our page for more details! Stay Tuned!!

Brian, Jared, Israel and the rest of the SDMSM Crew
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

How was the fundraiser? Many vendor spots sold?

I'll be buying my table on the 20th once their on sale...

Hey Brian/Israel.. great idea about different vendor pricing for different areas. But does this mean you guys will picking the table (in each area) for each seller? Or will we still be able to pick our own table in that area? Like a first come, first serve type of thing like past events? I like being able to get there early and pick my own prime spot!

Quote Originally Posted by DARK-USURPER View Post
    How was the fundraiser? Many vendor spots sold?

I'll be buying my table on the 20th once their on sale...

Hey Brian/Israel.. great idea about different vendor pricing for different areas. But does this mean you guys will picking the table (in each area) for each seller? Or will we still be able to pick our own table in that area? Like a first come, first serve type of thing like past events? I like being able to get there early and pick my own prime spot!
    Hey Jesse the fundraiser was great we had a full house at the Ruby Room and everyone was awesome As far as the tables yes, evryone will get to chose their own spot on a first come first serve basis that way people show up on time like theyre supposed to hehehe.
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Will it be all ages?
    Fucking slayer and fuck goth kids

Quote Originally Posted by Skatepanda View Post
    Will it be all ages?
    Always has and always will my friend
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!