Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SD METAL SWAP MEET 2011

Administrator ModeratorSite Admin Incantation_Goat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes, thank you Travis. I talked to Ken and we will work on a story in the next few days.

Wow, that's bad ass...
    "The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

Blog Entries

Flier is finally done.

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation_Goat
    Yes, thank you Travis. I talked to Ken and we will work on a story in the next few days.

Nice! Glad to help! Btw, did anyone from metal blade or nulcear blast hit you up? I can get you their emails if you didn't. I think NB was possibly interested in doing a vendor booth. Metal Blade has a bunch of summer samplers to send us... I'll go remind him about that now.

Blog Entries

I have not heard from MB or NB. Feel free to pass on my email address. You can get it by clicking the "email" icon below this post.

Thanks brah!

I have not heard from MB or NB. Feel free to pass on my email address. You can get it by clicking the "email" icon below this post.

Thanks brah!
    MBR is sending me a couple boxes of summer samplers from last summer. I gotta talk to Gerardo at NB about some other shit anyways so I'll call him tomorrow and see if he still wants a table or can send some shit.

Just did my quote for Ken's article. He called me back and read it to me and its pretty good. Covers alot of stuff. Your quotes had me cracking up Brian.

Blog Entries

hahaha this Reader article will be classic!

hahaha this Reader article will be classic!

did he read the final one to you?

cant wait to read this thing hahaha!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Blog Entries

Hey Trav. I think (and hope) he read the final to me.

Hey Trav. I think (and hope) he read the final to me.
    Your quotes were great, Julez is gonna slap me for mine.

Hey, quick question... what's been the going rate for used CDs at the SDMS? I got a ton of obscure shit, but I also just came into a big lot of more popular shit like In Flames, Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer... Just trying to gauge my pricing.

Blog Entries

I think for common metal CDs I saw them going from $3-9 each averaging about $5 each.

I think for common metal CDs I saw them going from $3-9 each averaging about $5 each.

Cool, thanks! I'm gonna keep my stuff fairly cheap, between $3-$5. Even the stuff I might price a little higher will be way cheaper than buying it online. Almost all of it is in great shape too. I'll probably have a cheapo $1 section as well.

Last year I sold used CD's for $5 and new for $6. I had a few that were rare/oop that were $10-$15. I had used vhs tapes and heavily used CD's for cheap as $1.

I dont think I'll have quite as many CD's/DVD's/vhs etc. as last year but I'll have a TON of brand new shirts, pins and patches at a discounted price!

Quote Originally Posted by DARK-USURPER
    Last year I sold used CD's for $5 and new for $6. I had a few that were rare/oop that were $10-$15. I had used vhs tapes and heavily used CD's for cheap as $1.

I dont think I'll have quite as many CD's/DVD's/vhs etc. as last year but I'll have a TON of brand new shirts, pins and patches at a discounted price!
    i would be stoked if you brought down that teitanblood shirt in a large. just sayin'.

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: SD METAL SWAP MEET 2011????

Can't wait for this!

How did you do with your CDs at that price?

So is there anyone who might be willing to pick up a scruffy seattle metal head from the airport and give him a couch to stay on for this weekend of swap meet madness?
    Well the half naked dudes is nothing new. The gay music is a recent development however -ArchDuke

Quote Originally Posted by frank_zito
    i would be stoked if you brought down that teitanblood shirt in a large. just sayin'.
    I'll "try" to get some more by then....
    Last year a bunch of people were asking me about Teitanblood shirts (since they were really the hot band about a year ago )

Seems like the Teitanblood trend is over and people have moved on to Ghost for now Heh!!

Quote Originally Posted by humanjerky
    I brought about 100 and sold about 1/2. Wont have as many this year. I'm mainly bringing back the same ones that didnt sell last year...
    I did sell just about every DVD & VHS I had. The only thing that sold next to nothing was my cassette tapes. I guess $3-$4 was too much for them (or people just dont listen to tapes anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by feedingonthebileofthedead
    So is there anyone who might be willing to pick up a scruffy seattle metal head from the airport and give him a couch to stay on for this weekend of swap meet madness?
    what day would you be landing ese?
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last year a bunch of people were asking me about Teitanblood shirts (since they were really the hot band about a year ago )

Seems like the Teitanblood trend is over and people have moved on to Ghost for now Heh!!

well in that case forget about the teitanblood shirt and bring down a ghost shirt in smedium

Quote Originally Posted by MURDERNTHEFIRST
    Quote Originally Posted by feedingonthebileofthedead
    what day would you be landing ese?
    Most likely friday evening around 6ish
    Well the half naked dudes is nothing new. The gay music is a recent development however -ArchDuke

Quote Originally Posted by frank_zito

I brought about 100 and sold about 1/2. Wont have as many this year. I'm mainly bringing back the same ones that didnt sell last year...
    I did sell just about every DVD & VHS I had. The only thing that sold next to nothing was my cassette tapes. I guess $3-$4 was too much for them (or people just dont listen to tapes anymore)
    did you have a bunch of dvds and if so what was the average price you think?

I only had used DVD's. I only had like 10. Most in heavily used condition so only a couple bucks each. Maybe $7 or $8 max on ones that would have cost $20+ in stores.

These CD/DVD prices are just what worked for me. There were people there selling stuff for full retail price and others selling stuff starting at $1-$2

I only had used DVD's. I only had like 10. Most in heavily used condition so only a couple bucks each. Maybe $7 or $8 max on ones that would have cost $20+ in stores.

These CD/DVD prices are just what worked for me. There were people there selling stuff for full retail price and others selling stuff starting at $1-$2

Yeah I love seeing those kinds of vendors at the swap meet trying to get full retail price for their shit. ITS THE SWAP MEET DUDE. come on... BUT, this is the metal swap meet, a special thing, so its good to have some cheap shit but also that nearly impossible to find stuff for more. Like I have an Anacrusis cd that I've had online before at like $70 or more and had so many inquiries about it but it has a hole punch in the booklet so the super elitist collectors had to ask really annoying meticulous questions about it. I ended up just taking it down because of it! I literally had 4 or 5 email exchanges just on how big the hole punch was (very small, about the size of the circumference of the innards part of a bic ball point pen). I hate that shit. The guy isn't going to find one anytime soon in better condition than this, the disc is literally brand new looking. I said fuck it and eventually told him it was no longer for sale because if a dude is going to nitpick like that and get all OCD about a fuckin tiny hole punch who was also pleading with me to lower the price because of it, then I don't want them as a customer. All that tells me is that they are DRAMA PRONE and those kinds of people tend to use negative or neutral feedback as a means of communication and have very itchy trigger fingers for leaving neg or neutrals. Of course, I didn't tell him all that, I just told him "oops, sorry wrong version, taking it down now". Better than having to wipe his pussy later.

So, I'll have stuff like that for more but I'm gonna try to keep most of my stuff under $5.