Thread: Negură Bunget - The Ruby Room - May 12th

Exclamation Negură Bunget - The Ruby Room - May 12th

Administrator ModeratorSite Admin Incantation_Goat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am sooo there!

Registered Metalhead EyeChartBrew's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dare I say that you guys might actually see me hit a show? Yes, it's true!

//TB
    ...hanging out with all of my spock rocker snobby buddies.

Negura Bunget is pretty much a once in a lifetime chance on this side of the world. I am quite surprised to see them reach the USA before many others out there. I have been following them for a long time and I never thought they would make it around here. Great job to them and I hope their tour is a success.

I've got all their full lengths up to the "Om" CD. I lost track of newer releases after that... so what have they released/or worth checking out in the last 5 or so years?

Blog Entries

Turnout was a little on the light side, but still had a good time hanging with Brian and crew!

I don't know Negura Bunget's material well enough to know if the new group (i.e. only the drummer is an original member) fares better or worse than the more classic lineup. Either way, put on a great show!

Ruines ov Abandon were tight as hell, and I was very impressed with Eclipse Eternal as well.

Great bumping into folks and drinkin' and shooting the shit!

//TB

Blog Entries

Eclipse Eternal, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada:

Thats a big dude! (bassist from Eclipse) Last night was interesting. Dinbrad opened up with an ethereous set composed of floor tom and keys/vocals. Eclipse Eternal was sick!! Bringing the intensity back up before letting Negura Bunget end the show in their own majestic way. Not the biggest crowd but its strength lied in the diversity of people who came from places such as Hemet,L.A,Oceanside,Chula Vista, and beyond! Always fun to attend these events that make heavy metal a growing presence in San Diego. I hope yall dont get too old or jaded for this scene cause we need you and youd simply be giving up one of the things that make San Diego special in my opinion.

logged on yesterday morning to check the date on this show, only to find out that it went down the night before...bummed, bros, just bummed...

Glad I was in SD to catch Negura Bunget. Inspiring performance!! I really enjoyed the 2 piece ensemble, Din Brad, as well!