Thread: Christian Mistress

Default Christian Mistress

I can not recall anyone mentioning this band around here. What do you think? Cool? Not so cool?
    Don't be confused, this is not a Christian band!

I like this new 2012 album "Possession". It does strike me in the same way that bands like In Solitude and The Devil's Blood do.
    With so many back/death/thrash clones hitting the streets every year, it's refreshing to hear this type of band releasing this music in 2012.

Take a listen...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsM1zml0W60
    Last edited by DARK-USURPER; 06-04-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Sounds like a sloppy local band with a garage recording their friend did for free. Its different though, I'll give em that and they have a bad ass name. Just not into much of anything retro. Of any sort. Except Vektor. I don't know how, but they nail it.

Pretty cool.. I like the chicks voice, something about it over that dark rock sound is pleasing to mine ears... Where are they from?

^somewhere in the Seattle area I think. Which sounds about right!

do not compare these chumps to the almighty IN SOLITUDE

Registered Metalhead alfredbastardHuete's Avatar

I don't much care for female vocalist in hard rock or metal ( there are a few exceptions,Girlschool,Joan Jett,etc ) so while I like the music in bands like The Devils Blood & to a lesser extend this I would not bother w/ them as the vocals grate on me.I like girl singers like Kate Bush,Taylor Swift,ect
    "Curiouser and Curiouser" - Alice

www.cuteoverload.com
    www.met-art.com

Meh, TDB is far greater than this band. Seems like a lot of new bands backed by female vocalists are surfacing..
    Let there be Death!

Quote Originally Posted by alfredbastardHuete View Post
    I don't much care for female vocalist in hard rock or metal ( there are a few exceptions,Girlschool,Joan Jett,etc ) so while I like the music in bands like The Devils Blood & to a lesser extend this I would not bother w/ them as the vocals grate on me.I like girl singers like Kate Bush,Taylor Swift,ect
    Same here.

Really solid NWOBHM sounding stuff. Really dig this album