Thread: Rush - Clockwork Angels

Default Rush - Clockwork Angels

Still getting the hang of this album, but I think it easily soars beyond Snakes and Arrows, which is insane because that album is damn good. Rush really outdid themselves here, as there are new elements to the production that I am pretty sure they haven't really experimented with, string sections for example. Once I read the lyrics it will all make more sense. But for now, my favorite track is the title track. It just has this moody yet serene vibe to it.

Looking forward to hear the full album... Really dig the title track! (they have it streaming on their facebook page)

Registered Metalhead EyeChartBrew's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All of Rush's albums on this side of Y2K have needed to grow on me after a few listenings. This one is no exception.

As I type this, I'm half way through my first listen of the album ("Seven Cities of Gold", to be precise)..., and so far nothing but the title-track has stuck in my head at all.

//TB
    ...hanging out with all of my spock rocker snobby buddies.

My rating of Rush albums post 'Test for Echo'

1. Snakes and Arrows
    2. Clockwork Angels
    3. Vapor Trails

I've listened to Clockwork Angels once and a few songs a few times. There are 3 really good songs on there musically as far as a strong song goes and there's some ok ones. I'm sure it will grow on me. I will buy this album (tomorrow?) as I own every Rush album ever including their official dvds.

vapor trails is their best work since hold your fire

really?? That's got to be a trolling statement. jk