Thread: Maryland Deathfest 2013

Administrator ModeratorSite Admin Incantation_Goat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Maryland Deathfest 2013

Ok, I want to get an early jump on this one. The bands confirmed so far are pretty amazing. I am going to buy my tickets, hotel and flight as soon as I can.

MDF confirmed bands:
    as of 7/31/2012
    !T.O.O.H.! (Czech Republic)
    AHUMADO GRANUJO (Czech Republic)
    ANTAEUS (France)
    AOSOTH (France)
    BROKEN HOPE
    CARCASS (UK)
    CONVULSE (Finland)
    GRIDE (Czech Republic)
    INGROWING (Czech Republic)
    INTEGRITY
    KOMMANDANT
    LOSS
    MANILLA ROAD
    MIDNIGHT
    MORGION
    PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
    PELICAN
    PENTAGRAM
    PIG DESTROYER
    REPULSION
    RIGHTEOUS PIGS
    VENOM (UK)
    VINTERLAND (Sweden)
    WEEDEATER
    Last edited by Incantation_Goat; 07-31-2012 at 06:42 AM.

I'm very interested on what the new venue is going to be. Maybe it'll be in a less shitholey part of town.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by metalnightmare View Post
    I'm very interested on what the new venue is going to be. Maybe it'll be in a less shitholey part of town.
    Was there a better part of town? haha I guess there is that area by the bay with all the restaurants and bars. I hope it's some place walking distance from Max's Taphouse.

Holy shit... Antaeus is playing!!

Hopefully someone gets them to the West coast!

Registered Metalhead EyeChartBrew's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation_Goat View Post
    Was there a better part of town? haha I guess there is that area by the bay with all the restaurants and bars. I hope it's some place walking distance from Max's Taphouse.
    You're talking about Fell's Point (where Max's is located) and The Inner Harbor.

Can't really think of a place that fits the bill in Fell's Point, and The Inner Harbor is way too clean and touristy for a multi-day Death Metal fest.

But you're absolutely right: a place within stumbling distance from/to Max's would be fucking awesome.

//TB
    ...hanging out with all of my spock rocker snobby buddies.

They should just open their own venue...and maybe that's what they'll do?

So far so good, looks like I'll be there once again.
    Let there be Death!

meh so far except for carcass and loss... no deal sealers like coroner, bethlehem or godflesh for me... yet. Hopefully Murder COnstruct will be asked to play and I can see LOSS.

Blog Entries

For me, the highlights on that list are Carcass, Manilla Road, and Pentagram. I've never seen Venom, so that might be interesting.

But since I can typically only hit one day of the multi-day fest, the odds of most/all of those groups playing the same day are pretty slim.

Still, pencil me in for hitting this in 2013.

//TB

I might try to make it this time, never been before. Although, this lineup isn't too exciting. I would be happy if they got Dodheimsgard to do it this time. With the bands on the roster so far the only bands I'd really enjoy are Pentagram, Carcass, Morgion, Kommandant, Manilla Road & Pelican

With Carcass, the smartest thing the fest organizers could do is to get them to sign a contract like they did with Morbid Angel, and limit them to playing only the first three albums.

With Carcass, the smartest thing the fest organizers could do is to get them to sign a contract like they did with Morbid Angel, and limit them to playing only the first three albums.
    It seems weird how polarized their audience is. So many heartwork fans hate on the first 3. Symphonies of sickness is one of the best death metal albums of all time no matter what anyone thinks. It just is!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by humanjerky View Post
    It seems weird how polarized their audience is. So many heartwork fans hate on the first 3. Symphonies of sickness is one of the best death metal albums of all time no matter what anyone thinks. It just is!
    Yeah, I am kinda on the side of Necroticism and after. I guess that's what happens with such a dramatic musical change.

I think Necroticism is the only one I really truly love. But I posted that bit about a contract because I know that when they did their reunion tour, they stuck only to the later part of the catalog and disappointed a lot of people.

Hell... with Coroner's reunion, I wish MDF had asked them to avoid most (if not all) of the tracks off Grin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation_Goat View Post
    Yeah, I am kinda on the side of Necroticism and after. I guess that's what happens with such a dramatic musical change.
    I think I'm in the minority, in that I'm down with pretty much their entire catalog. It just depends on what "flavor" of Carcass I feel like listening to at the time. The same can be said for Coroner. I'm big on "R.I.P." and "Grin", and everything in between.

However, that's when I home. At a live venue....

...with Coroner's reunion, I wish MDF had asked them to avoid most (if not all) of the tracks off Grin.
    ...I do gotta say that the industrial-esqe Grin tracks just didn't seem to work very well live IMO.

//TB