Thread: KREATOR - Phantom Antichrist......

Default KREATOR - Phantom Antichrist......

Anyone hear the new Kreator "Phantom Antichrist" yet?
    What do you think??

I've had the new Kreator CD for a couple weeks now. Gave it a few good listens. Just played it twice this morning.

I can say that Kreator has taken a step backwards. I am a fan of much older Kreator but even the last couple records were way better than this!
    It seems as if many of these tracks were written for 14 year old kids. The lyrics are so cheap! They used to be such a strong point of Kreator. Sad to say, I am almost laughing how weak, plastic and forced this music/lyrics/vocals are. Pretty much any element of thrash metal has been abandoned. There are a couple good solos but nothing that is truly memorable or that's not a b-side to previous recordings. The production is nice and clear and friendly. ..but this is Kreator, what happened to the real thick and brutal punch that past recordings had!

I was thinking Kreator would have came back really strong in 2012 but it sucks to say this release is a big dud!

I still consider myself a fan of the band (I went and bought their latest release) but I don't know how this shit actually sees the light of day under the great name of KREATOR!

You might just see my copy for sale at the SDMSM

[/end venting!]

Administrator ModeratorSite Admin Incantation_Goat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DARK-USURPER View Post
    Yikes! It's that bad? Personally, as far as their comeback stuff, I pretty much only really like Violent Revolution. To me, it's right up there with the early stuff.

On a side note, I kinda like Endorama

Registered Metalhead alfredbastardHuete's Avatar

Anyone hear the new Kreator "Phantom Antichrist" yet?
    What do you think??

I've had the new Kreator CD for a couple weeks now. Gave it a few good listens. Just played it twice this morning.

I can say that Kreator has taken a step backwards. I am a fan of much older Kreator but even the last couple records were way better than this!
    It seems as if many of these tracks were written for 14 year old kids. The lyrics are so cheap! They used to be such a strong point of Kreator. Sad to say, I am almost laughing how weak, plastic and forced this music/lyrics/vocals are. Pretty much any element of thrash metal has been abandoned. There are a couple good solos but nothing that is truly memorable or that's not a b-side to previous recordings. The production is nice and clear and friendly. ..but this is Kreator, what happened to the real thick and brutal punch that past recordings had!

I was thinking Kreator would have came back really strong in 2012 but it sucks to say this release is a big dud!

I still consider myself a fan of the band (I went and bought their latest release) but I don't know how this shit actually sees the light of day under the great name of KREATOR!

[/end venting!]

What was the last KREATOR album you really loved?
    "Curiouser and Curiouser" - Alice

www.cuteoverload.com
    www.met-art.com

Registered Metalhead EyeChartBrew's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alfredbastardHuete View Post
    For me, that would have been "Violent Revolution".

There were some interesting bits and pieces scattered about "Enemy of God" and "Hordes of Chaos" -- but also a lot filler, and a lot of lyrical repetition.

The same holds true for the new one IMO.

//TB
    ...hanging out with all of my spock rocker snobby buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by alfredbastardHuete View Post
    Really Loved? I would have to say Extreme Aggression.
    Although I also like the later stuff (Violent Rev/Enemy of God/Hordes of Chaos) They are good Kreator albums! None of which I would complain about. I will try Phantom Antichrist again. I just think there is some kind of substance and strength missing from this one.

Registered Metalhead alfredbastardHuete's Avatar

Really Loved? I would have to say Extreme Aggression.
    Although I also like the later stuff (Violent Rev/Enemy of God/Hordes of Chaos) They are good Kreator albums! None of which I would complain about. I will try Phantom Antichrist again. I just think there is some kind of substance and strength missing from this one.
    I'm gonna go see em next month.
    "Curiouser and Curiouser" - Alice

www.cuteoverload.com
    www.met-art.com